Kitesurfing instructors happy–> students happy –> good reviews–> more money for your kitesurfing school.
So…. Let’s give some tips to our kitesurf manager before we work together:
What would be helpful to send by e-mail to your kitesurfing instructors when they apply for the job:
- It would be really helpful if you have information for the instructors in a PDF, like kitesurfing area, timetable, prices, instructor duties, salary, comissions on sells, days off, if you provide IKO cards….
- If you could give as a working visa or insurence it would be great, but if it is not possible maybe you could arrange a contract like if we were students making some kitesurfing teaching practices under the supervision of any other instructor that has got a working permit (a lot of diving centers do it and it works)
- Any advices about the visa in your country would be great, fees extension…
- Be as precise as possible about working schedules before I start working for you: do I have to be at the school/beach or on hold all day long waiting for walk ins?
- If you do any discount to a student, do we get paid less?
- Please be honest about wind condition and salary expectation.
Working with you :
- Please show me the spot, the kite gear that we use for teaching, how the radios work….
- Give me the option of shadowing another instructor.
- Tell me what I am doing wrong but please help me to improve it, also tell me sometimes : Good job!!
- If you tell us that we get comissions when our students buy gear please be fair.
- If you say at your web site that you are a IKO school registered and then we have to use our own credit (2$ every card) it would be nice if you pay us those cards.
- Thanks for trying to be fair with all the instructors and have them working the same amount of hours.
- If I am doing something wrong or not the way you like, please wait until my student can’t hear you.
- Ask your instructors what are their expectations, maybe some kitesurfing instructors want to make a lot of money and maybe others prefer to have more free time.
- Let us know in advance if it’s possible when we have the day off.
- Try to tell us the timetable the day before like this we also can plan my day.
- Thanks for doing a meeting with the kitesurfing instructors at the beggining of the season to explain how you want your bussines to be run. Have one of us as a head instructors.
- Thanks a lot for buying beers once in a while and spend time with us, we really apreciate it.